Tuesday 2 December 2008

Recap.



I decided since I want this blog absolutely jam-packed with my all my (obviously!) wonderful work,
hehe, I should bring people up to speed with my old work, and everything I have done so far.
Okay... maybe not everything.. Lol.. that could take a while.
But various projects or pieces I have done in the past I am most proud of, or I feel is the most unique perhaps?

As I'd rather get these out the way, to make space for all my lovely new and current projects! :)


Okay so this is a collection of things from my three years at college, my first year at Bolton University, and various pieces I have done in my spare time. Comments Welcome!

These first three photographs are examples from one of my favourite projects I did, semi-based on a poem I had read in college, (Carol Ann Duffy - Warming her pearls.)











A short project focusing on light, shadows and body contours. In keeping with the poem, my images were completely concerned with lust, suggestion and a dark atmosphere. I took many photographs and had a whole series based on this, but as this is only a summarised version, I have just chosen to show these three.












Okay moving on..












Here we have, one of my large
scale collages, one of my favourite moving shot photographs, and one of my doodles ;)
I realise Im seriously only showing snippets of work, but otherwise ths blog would be huge... and I'd like to get around
to my current projects! :)




















I have quite a large range of work, and styles I suppose...
But I'd have to say I think my heart lies with collage, and photography. The sheer endless creativity thats possible with collage, and the simplicity of sending out messages through photography, are my main focuses.
Inspirations such as Cindy Sherman,
David LaChapelle, Nobuyoshi Araki, Sally Jean Alexander, robert rauschenberg and Patrick Boyer (to only name a few), are some of my most important influences. I absolutely adore their work, and everything they represent and stand for.
If I could one day have work even a fifth as good as I consider theirs to be, I'll be content. :)


So okay thats my quick recap of my favourite work... and just a general brief of what I'm interested in.

Next blog up soon, with my current projects and pieces :)
Also, Im thinking of setting up a blog with ideas for new projects,
a mixture of different and imaginitive breifs set.
I'd love if people could let me know what they would like me to try next?
Or maybe do one of the projects themselves! And comment me with links to the results?!
That would be awesome. I'd love to see different outcomes from the same project breifs. :)


Anyway, let me know what you would think!

Jemma x

No comments: